- Job Search
- Construction Associate/Senior Associate
Construction Associate/Senior Associate - Leeds
As a result of continued successful growth, a highly regarded regional firm is looking for construction lawyers to join their team in Leeds.
The firm has an outstanding reputation as an employer and their culture is key to their continued success. They have seen significant organic growth over the last few years and they are confident about future growth.
The successful candidate will have exposure to the firm's construction, energy and property clients from the outset, working on a diverse range of projects across the UK. The team are open to applications from construction law specialists across Associate and Senior Associate levels (ideally around 4-6 years PQE).
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Advising on, drafting and reviewing standard form contracts - JCT, NEC, FIDIC
- Advising on drafting and reviewing professional team appointments
- Liaising with commercial property and energy colleagues on documentation that needs construction input
- Carrying out due diligence and advising on construction documentation for bank related transactions
- Advising clients on potential disputes during a construction project
- Acting on behalf of clients in adjudications, arbitrations and TCC cases (and drafting documentation)
- Attending adjudication, arbitration and court hearings with the client
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
- Attending meeting and negotiations with opposing parties
The ideal candidate will have experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters, however the firm are still open to hearing from you if you've spent most of your time on one side. You will also play a part in business development by attending construction related events, writing blogs and articles and providing training to clients and colleagues where necessary.
The team are looking for a confident self-starter that is capable and comfortable engaging with clients, contacts and colleagues. To enjoy working at this firm, you will need to be motivated, commercially minded, calm under pressure and be able to work collaboratively and autonomously.
As a valued member of this team, you will be offered continuous personal and professional development opportunities, excellent quality work and a wide range of benefits. The role is based in Leeds, but you will be able to work from home 2-3 days per week.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like