- Job Search
- Clinical Negligence Associate/Senior Associate
Clinical Negligence Associate/Senior Associate 8+ PQE - Bristol
A leading, national Firm are seeking an experienced Defendant Clinical Negligence Solicitor to join their highly regarded team in Bristol, with an excellent client base and quality work.
A UK-Top 100 commercial law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal services. The Firm is named among 'The Times Best Law Firms 2022' and has recently either won or been shortlisted for a number of other prestigious awards. Where possible, the Firm want to offer all people flexibility to work their week in a way that suits them - they operate a hybrid working model based on the needs of clients, teams and that of the individual. The Firm offer individuals working more flexibly around core office hours and would welcome a conversation with you if you have any questions about this.
The Clinical Risk team operates across all offices, offering advice and assistance to health and social care organisations across a broad range of issues including clinical negligence, medical malpractice and human rights claims, inquests, Court of Protection and public law matters. The Firm are one of ten firms that act for the NHS Resolution, putting them at the heart of claims and complaints brought against the NHS. The team is highly regarded for their work acting on behalf of NHSR and NHS Trusts and in the defence of clinical negligence cases. In addition, they undertake healthcare and medical malpractice and regulatory work for a range of private insurers and private sector health and social care providers.
- Management of a full caseload of pre-litigated and litigated complex and high value matters for NHS Resolution and Insurers;
- Development of relationships with NHS Resolution/Insurer clients and Trust/Insured clients;
- Liaising with Primary Care practitioners of various specialties and backgrounds;
- Supporting the Partners with business development and projects.
The successful applicant will ideally have had experience of managing a caseload of defendant clinical negligence, defendant medical malpractice/insurance or PI matters and will possess the following characteristics key to the role:
- Qualified Solicitor with 8+ PQE
- Strong communication skills with a professional approach to work
- Confidence in working directly with clients
- An ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- An aptitude for drafting and legal analysis
- A keenness to work collaboratively with colleagues at junior and senior levels
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to provide supervision to more junior lawyers
- A practical and commercial approach
- An interest in business development
- An aptitude and willingness to learn new skills and gain an in-depth understanding of relevant healthcare sectors
- Flexible/hybrid working opportunity.
- Competitive salary which will commensurate with experience.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like