- Job Search
- Private Client Solicitor 4+ PQE
£80,000 - 100,000
20th February 2023
Private Client Solicitor 4+ PQE - London
A leading, international firm seeks to expand their Tax, Trusts & Succession team with the addition of an Associate to advise a range of UK clients on their succession and tax planning. You will join a friendly team in London that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
A strong, multinational firm that prides itself on being personal, connected, collaborative and flexible. Despite being a large, international firm they are not 'faceless' and strive to create a friendly, personable workplace with excellent recognition and progression opportunities. The firm have a stellar client base by investing time, effort and emotion in to building long-standing relationships based on trust and loyalty.
You will form an integral part of the Tax, Trusts & Succession team, working for a range of partners within the team advising a range of UK clients on their succession and tax planning.
The team have an established client base including investors and entrepreneurs; landed estates and heritage property; and professionals and senior executives. Some client work has an international element, but experience of international matters is not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
* Providing practical and commercial legal advice to clients in a clear and succinct manner
* Managing a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost-effectively with supervision, appropriate to the level of expertise
* Drafting more complex documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
* Applying a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
* Where appropriate, delegating, coordinating and supervising the work of more junior members of the team
* Actively participating in client marketing opportunities such as client seminars, presentations and pitches
* Identifying client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
* Contributing to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area.
* Qualified Solicitor with 4+ PQE
* Appropriate knowledge of domestic succession and tax planning
* A STEP qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
* Demonstrate good judgement and a good legal and commercial understanding of client's particular needs
* Understand scope of the tasks, manage time effectively and perform well under time and work pressures
* Take a 'hands on' approach to managing own files and a broad case load
* Have a high degree of attention to detail
* Have strong problem-solving skills
* Be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of tasks
* Be a pro-active team player, who is also highly self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
* Be able to build rapport with clients and develop an effective working relationship
* Be flexible and willing to go the extra mile
* Have excellent all round IT skills, MS Office including Excel and Word
- Hybrid working opportunity.
- Leading market rate salary.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like