- Job Search
- Contentious Private Client Solicitor
Contentious Trusts & Estates Associate 2-3 PQE - London
A strong, London firm with an excellent reputation seeks a bright and ambitious Associate to join their highly successful Contentious Trusts & Estates team.
A well-established and prestigious London Firm dedicated to providing the highest quality legal advice and service. The Firm have a distinctive culture and the people are at the heart and soul of this. The firm fosters a welcoming and inclusive environment, from the moment you walk through the door, you are greeted by warm and friendly people. They continually recruit the best so you will work alongside inspirational people who are keen to share their knowledge. The Firm will offer a significant investment in learning and development to enable you to flourish and be the best you can be. They are modern lawyers with timeless values and excellent client service is at the heart of everything they do.
The Contentious Trusts & Estates team specialises in trusts and estates disputes. The team's work breaks down into big ticket trust disputes usually international and substantial probate disputes / inheritance act claims, usually domestic. These cases are usually high value complex and document heavy.
- This is a busy team so experience in big ticket document heavy trust and estate disputes is essential.
- Familiarity with both Relativity and Magnum would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- The successful candidate will also have their own (generally smaller value cases), having sole responsibility subject to oversight from the partners.
- There will be a BD element to this role, therefore the successful candidate must be willing to write articles and give talks in this area of law where necessary.
- Strong academic background including minimum 2.1 degree
- Experience will have been gained at another leading firm
- You will be a proactive team player and supportive colleague, with an enthusiastic manner, who takes a flexible, 'can-do' approach with a particular interest in this area of law
- Confident in working autonomously/independently and able to ensure that deadlines are met and cases move ahead smoothly
- Ability to assimilate complex facts as well as meticulous and well organised
- Good IT skills
- Adaptable and open to change, with a strong sense of responsibility
- You will have a proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
- Hybrid working
- Salary c. £75k+
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like