- Job Search
- Private Client Solicitor 3-8 PQE
Private Client Solicitor (3-8 PQE) - London
A strong, London firm with an excellent reputation seeks a talented Private Client Solicitor to join their growing team.
An award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with a strong track record. Ranked as a top-tier firm by legal directories, some of the most talented lawyers in the country work here. Their London roots have spread to allow them to work on a large national and international scale, they are extremely proud of their reputation and outstanding track record for success.
The successful candidate will undertake fee earning work in relation to Wills & Probate, Estate Administration, Inheritance & Tax Planning, Power of Attorney, Trusts, and Wills & Inheritance Disputes. The fee earner is also responsible for pro-active development and promotion of the firm's high standards and reputation.
The role will involve the following:
* Dealing effectively and efficiently with enquiries from prospective new clients.
* Taking instructions from clients, advising and maintaining high levels of client care throughout the course of the case.
* Accepting instructions from new clients and advising them on costs and funding and the firm's terms of business and confirming that advice in writing in accordance with practice requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
* Obtain payments on account of costs at all relevant stages and keep client advised of costs throughout the course of the case. Delivery of regular bills to the client.
* Preparation and delivery of bills.
* Maintain effective and professional contact with all other parties involved in the case and maintain all necessary correspondence.
* Undertake all necessary preparation of the case or matter.
* Maintain a full and orderly file with comprehensive attendance notes of all meetings, attendances and telephone calls.
* Use fully and record all chargeable and non-chargeable time on the firm's time recording system.
* At conclusion of any case, provide all relevant advice to the client and deal with the proper file closing arrangements and storage.
* Comply with Solicitors Regulation Authority's standards of professional conduct and ethics and, in particular, with the strict requirement of confidentiality of client's affairs, at all times.
* Maintain such financial records and financial information as may be required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the firm, including providing calculations of work in progress from time to time.
* Adhere so far as possible to annual billing and performance targets (which would be calculated after consultation with the fee earner) and with performance measures.
* Become familiar with and observe the internal requirements of the firm for file opening and closure, accounting procedures, and maintenance of all necessary records and other administrative requirements.
* Work effectively and efficiently with the non fee earning staff including the Department and firm's Personal Assistants.
* Become familiar with and make the most effective use of the firm's equipment.
* Attend meetings within the Department or the firm to review case work or for the purposes of supervision.
* To complete and maintain as necessary any professional documentation or records (such as a Practicing Certificate) as the Solicitors Regulation Authority or any other professional body may require.
* In privately funded cases obtain payments on account of costs at all relevant stages and keep client advised of costs throughout the course of the case. Delivery of regular bills to the client.
* Practice development responsibilities for the department and your own practise, including contributing to the department's overall practice development strategy and its implementation during the year.
* Liaison within the firm with other fee earners engaged in similar and / or related cases matters or clients with a view both to maximising efficiency and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- You will be a Qualified Solicitor with 3-8 years PQE
- Experience dealing with private client matters
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong academic background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Efficient and cost effective work practices
- Knowledge and use of time recording systems and IT
- Thorough understanding of the obligations, including ethical obligations, of working as a solicitor
- STEP qualified (desirable)
- Hybrid working with 50:50 rota basis between the office and home
- Part-time applicants will be considered (minimum 3 days per week)
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like