Clinical Negligence Solicitor 5-9 PQE - Hampshire
A leading, international Firm are seeking an experienced Clinical Negligence Solicitor to join their friendly and dynamic Clinical Risk team. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a highly specialised team with a proven track record in complex claims across all medical specialisms.
As a Top 25 UK Firm, they pride themselves on their supportive, approachable culture. People are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. Their vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for their insight and their outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
- Handling a challenging but fulfilling caseload of defendant clinical negligence work acting for a variety of clients, which may include work for NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, MDU, independent providers, and medical malpractice insurers.
- Drafting legal documents, conducting face to face negotiations and mediation of claims, preparing cases for and adhering to court deadlines.
- Engaging in direct client care, acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis, providing them with commercially focused legal advice, and adhering to their protocols and processes.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non-fee-earning activity. You will be encouraged to participate in knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications, and business development.
- Qualified Solicitor 5-9 PQE with experience in clinical negligence, personal injury, civil litigation, or insurance law.
- Experience of an NHS Resolution or MDO panel firm would be desirable but is not essential.
- Strong technical and organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of clinical negligence claims simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
- Competitive salary plus benefits.
- Competitive bonus scheme.
- Flexible working.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.