- Job Search
- Legal Indemnity Solicitor
25th January 2023
Legal Indemnity Solicitor/Associate - Bristol
A leading, international Firm are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join their friendly and dynamic Professional Indemnity team in Bristol. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join an award-winning, progressive and highly specialised team.
As a Top 25 UK Firm, they pride themselves on their supportive, approachable culture. People are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. Their vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for their insight and their outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
This is a niche line of business dealing with Legal Indemnity insurance. They handle claims for a number of major legal indemnity insurers and they handle claims made against the full range of insurance policies such as absence of easement, restrictive covenant, planning and building regulations, defective title, rights to light and lender indemnity policies.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
* Handling a workload of claims largely made up of claims against Legal Indemnity and Lender Indemnity policies;
* Advising insurers on coverage (training will be provided)
* Regular opportunities to interact with insurer clients and policyholders;
* Responsibility for handling both pre-action and litigated matters whilst assisting senior fee-earners;
* Liaising directly with experts and counsel, carrying out disclosure exercises and drafting witness statements;
* Maintaining awareness of the Firm's strategies and plans;
* Where necessary, developing technical knowledge through attending training, reading publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements;
* Complying with the Firm's protocols on billing and credit control and showing a high level of financial management when managing files and supporting supporting others with their files.
* Qualified Solicitor 0-5 PQE will be considered
* Ideally litigation experience and/or transactional property work
* Ideally some understanding of Legal Indemnity policies
* Solid academic record and appraisal feedback during course of the training contract
* Excellent client handling skills
* A reasonable level of self-sufficiency, with boundaries of own competence
* A client focused and commercial perspective as opposed to an 'academic' approach to legal issues
* Team oriented and willing to share knowledge with other members of the team
- Salary £55-70k
- Flexible/hybrid working
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like