- Job Search
- Private Client - Tax & Accounts Manager
Private Client Tax & Accounts Manager - London
A Top 45 Firm seeks an expert in Private Client and Tax work to join their successful team in London.
- A leading, national law firm ranked highly throughout legal directories including Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
- Excellent reputation in the market.
- Exceptional culture with a wide range of benefits on offer.
The team features a number of leading individuals in the Chambers HNW and Legal 500 rankings and has a strong client base of High and Ultra-High Net Worth Clients - many with international assets and aspects to their financial affairs. The team are in an exciting stage of growth and have strong ambitions of being the leading national Private Wealth offering in the UK.
The successful candidate will manage a caseload of tax advisory and trust administration matters, support the team on all tax compliance and deliver great client service.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the Private Client team with the following:
* Preparation and maintenance of full and detailed estate and trust accounts
* Preparation and submission of estate and trust Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax returns
* Preparation and submission of Inheritance Tax returns for estate and trusts
* Preparation of and advising on 10 year and exit charges for Inheritance Tax
* Advice in respect of estate planning for Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, SDLT and Inheritance Tax
* Updating and maintaining Trust database
* Registration of Trusts on TRS and maintenance of the TRS records
* General administration of Trusts
* Advising on of the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings regime (preferred but not essential)
* Advising on and filing returns for non-resident Capital Gains Tax
* Advising on the Registration of Overseas Entities regime (preferred but not essential)
* Monitoring client funds; and
* Liaise with other professional advisers as required.
* You will be an experienced trusts and estate accounting and tax manager with at least 7 years of relevant experience
* Experience working with complex, high and ultra high net worth clients
* Ideally hold or an interest in working towards professional qualifications such as CTA, AAT or STEP (or equivalent)
* Business development skills and experience
* A keen interest in developing business and taking an active role in the growth of the team
* Excellent IT skills to include experience and knowledge of personal tax software programmes and HMRC portals
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible, pro-active and team-orientated approach
- Hybrid working
- Salary £65k+ depending on experience
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like