- Job Search
- Professional Indemnity Solicitor/Associate 2-7 PQE
Professional Indemnity Solicitor/Associate 2-7 PQE - Bristol
A leading, international Firm are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join their friendly, award-winning Professional Indemnity team in Bristol. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to join a dynamic, progressive and highly specialised team.
As a Top 25 UK Firm, they pride themselves on their supportive, approachable culture. People are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. Their vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for their insight and their outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
The team is ranked in Tier 1 in both the Legal 500 and Chambers directories, with a number of leading individuals named. It is the longest established professional negligence team in Bristol, acting for most of the leading insurers, as well as large professional services firms themselves including leading global surveyors, solicitors and insurance brokers. The team focus on claims against surveyors and valuers.
* Handling a mixed workload of professional negligence claims against a variety of professionals with a focus on claims against surveyors and valuers
* Interacting with clients on a regular basis
* Responsibility for conducting both pre-action and litigated matters as well as assisting more senior fee-earners
* The opportunity to liaise directly with experts and counsel, run disclosure exercises and draft witness statements;
* Acting as a point of contact for clients where necessary
* Demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience;
* Maintaining an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans;
* Developing and maintaining technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society requirements
* You will be a Qualified Solicitor with 2-7 PQE.
* Ideally litigation experience and / or professional indemnity experience.
* Solid academic background at degree and CPE and/or LPC level (or equivalent) and appraisal feedback during course of the training contract.
* Strong client handling skills.
* Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
* Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* An ability to adopt a client focused and commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
* Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Willingness to develop and to achieve team objectives.
* Team oriented and collegiate
- Salary £55-70k
- Flexible/hybrid working
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like