- Job Search
- Trust & Tax Manager
21st February 2023
Trust & Tax Manager - London
A Top-100 firm seeks an experienced Trust & Tax Manager to join their highly regarded Private Client team in London.
A leading national firm with international reach through positive foreign relations, meaning they are well equipped to deal with cases with an international element. There are clear progression paths and you will be supported in developing your career and reaching your full potential. The Firm are interested in attracting the best people who can continue to develop strong, working relationships with clients and colleagues. Hard work will always be recognised as well as the importance of home and family for this reason all employees are encouraged to have a life outside of the office whilst enjoying their time at work whether this be through their hybrid working policy or their excellent culture.
* Pro-actively managing clients to ensure any tax-planning and/or succession planning issues are acted upon when appropriate.
* Overseeing and contributing towards the preparation of trust accounts and tax returns including inheritance tax returns and dealing with HM Revenue and Customs as required.
* Calculating trustees' liabilities to IHT, CGT and Income Tax and making use of annual exemptions.
* Preparing for and attending trustees' meetings and taking minutes of those meetings.
* Dealing with payments and distributions from trusts, both capital and discretionary income distributions.
* Preparing and reviewing trustees' investment policy statements.
* Reviewing and interpreting trust deeds and related documentation.
* Keeping partners regularly updated with progress on assignments and assisting with billing.
* Assisting with court of protection work
* Preparing Office of the Public Guardian annual accounts for deputyship clients and liaising with clients and their families..
* Any other tasks as may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will:
* Show enthusiasm and dedication to pursuing a career in private client work, with a focus on trust and estate administration and court of protection work.
* Be willing to share knowledge and experience with colleagues.
* Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands effectively.
* Demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail.
* Have strong problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrate a level of judgement and logical approach to problem solving.
* Have a strong standard of oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure.
* Show a commitment to providing a quality service.
* Demonstrate excellent skills in dealing with clients, colleagues and senior management.
* Have strong organisational and time management skills.
* Have ability to multi-task.
* Be able to work on own initiative and to be highly disciplined.
* Diploma qualified STEP or other relevant professional tax qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Hybrid working.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like