Commercial Associate 3+ PQE - Leeds
A leading international firm is looking for a Commercial Associate to join their highly regarded team in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for a talenteed lawyer of minimum 3 years PQE to join one of the best commercial teams in the market.
This opportunity is with a highly regarded global firm where you can lead a fulfilling, challenging and positive career. There is a positive working environment and culture, where everyone's contributions are valued and all colleagues are empowered to do their best work and to grow and develop together. With clearly defined progression paths and employee recognition programmes, you will have the opportunity to thrive and achieve your personal best.
As one of the best commercial teams in the market, the team can offer high-quality work with a range of clients operating across a wide-range of industries and sectors, including, retail, food, technology, financial services and insurance. This role will be primarily based in Leeds, but the successful candidate will provide support to other offices where necessary.
As a part of this successful team, you will undertake a varied caseload of non-contentious commercial and IT work in relation to a range of commercial contracts including outsourcing agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, supply agreements, IT agreements (software licences, maintenance, escrow, SaaS, hosting arrangements, reseller, open-source etc.), E-commerce issues, data protection, B2C issues including distance selling regulations/consumer rights legislation and Competition Law.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Ideally trained and qualified in a leading private practice firm, either a national firm or niche IT/IP practice.
- Strong drafting skills and first-rate technical knowledge.
- Experience of providing Commercial/IT/IP/Data Protection support in the context of corporate transactions would be advantageous.
- Some experience of non-contentious UP and/or franchising would also be advantageous, but not essential.
- Sector experience of working within one or more of education / retail / food / technology / financial services / insurance would be advantageous but not essential.
You can expect a market-leading salary up to around £65k depending on experience, as well as hybrid working and a wide range of other benefits.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.