- Job Search
- Commercial Senior Associate (Health)
Commercial Senior Associate (Health) 6+ PQE - Leeds
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior commercial lawyer with experience in the health sector to join a highly respected team in Leeds who are at the forefront of healthcare commercial work nationally. This is an excellent opportunity to be a fundamental part of an award-winning team, delivering a range of complex projects and commercial transactions across both the NHS and the ever-growing independent health sector.
- UK-Top 100 commercial law firm
- Award-winning firm having recently won or been shortlisted for a number of awards
- Vibrant, growing Commercial and Infrastructure team
- Strong opportunities for progression
- Friendly and collaborative culture
The successful candidate will join a successfully growing team with expertise across a wide range of commercial and strategic matters, legislative and regulatory frameworks and commercial transactions such as: joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships; new models of care provision in the NHS; outsourcing, insourcing and shared services; health and local government integration, as well as a wide variety of business to business and business to consumer contracts in the independent health and social care markets.
As a Senior Associate in this team, you will:
- Work alongside the team to deliver of a range of complex projects and commercial transactions to both public and private sector clients.
- Advise on a range of contractual or corporate/partnering arrangements between: (a) the public/private sector; (b) the public/public sector; (c) private business to business; and (d) private business to consumer.
- Advise on shared services, new models of alternative delivery vehicles (including companies and limited liability partnerships) devolution and cross sector collaboration between public bodies.
- Advise on complex governance issues from statutory powers to Board decision-making and constitutional matters.
- Advise on specialist health areas including the regulatory frameworks for pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Engage regularly with clients, attend client meetings and work closely with other legal, financial and technical advisors.
- Have the opportunity to join in responsible business activities across the firm and pro-bono work.
- Experience of advising the NHS, private health and/or social care clients
- A passion to learn, enthusiasm and the desire to excel as a lawyer
- The ability to deliver clear, precise advice
- Ideally experience of or an interest in supervising junior lawyers
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a practical and commercial approach to legal issues
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients and build relationships
- Ability to operate with a high level of self-sufficiency and an awareness of own abilities
- A genuine interest in business development
- A positive and flexible approach
The firm support hybrid/flexible working and welcome a conversation if you have any questions around this.
They also offer a competitive salary towards the top end of the market and a substantial benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like