Residential Development Associate 5+ PQE - Sheffield
A UK-Top 100 firm is looking for an experienced Residential Development solicitor to join their ambitious team in Sheffield. This is a strong national team, with a reputation as one of the pre-eminent law firms for residential development in the country. The successful candidate will act for the rapidly expanding client base of housebuilding and strategic land clients.
Our client is a leading national firm which continues to move from strength to strength. As one of the largest full-service law firms in the UK, you will be joining one of the most ambitious firms in the country. The firm has an award-winning reputation, not only with clients but with competitors. If you're looking for a firm where you can be yourself and thrive, this is a perfect opportunity to join a firm where the people are what makes it such a great place to be.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced residential development lawyer to join the firm's successful housebuilding and strategic land teams. You will join a leading national team (over 30 people strong) with a presence in all of the national offices. Clients include the majority of the top 10 housebuilders, local and national developers, housing associations, landowners (from individuals to major Plc regeneration companies), local authorities, investors and promoters in the residential development and strategic land sectors.
The work within the team is interesting and high quality. You can expect to deal with a a wide range of transactions, from small residential development sites to major strategic land acquisition and promotion.
What they're looking for:
· Qualified Solicitor with at least 5 years PQE.
· Experience gained within an established residential development practice.
· Demonstrable experience acting for house builders, promoters, developers, land owners, housing associations and local authorities.
· The ability to develop good relationships with new and existing clients.
· Ideally some contacts within prominent residential development and/or strategic land agents in the region.
· Technically competent with routine transactions to include conditional and unconditional contracts, options, golden-brick and other affordable housing transactions, back-to-back sales, deeds of easement, infrastructure agreements, overages, site-assembly, and service charge/ management agreements.
· Experience in dealing with more complex transactions for example, strategic land/ promotion agreements/ hybrid agreements, collaboration agreements, land pooling, building licences, mixed use schemes, PRS, institutional investment, portfolio charging and portfolio acquisitions.
· A strong understanding of affordable housing transactions.
· A solid understanding of SDLT and VAT issues.
· A strong commercial acumen.
In return, your work will be well-rewarded, with some of the firm's rewards and benefits amongst the best in the business. Salary will depend on experience, but somewhere in the region of £68k upwards.
If this sounds like your ideal role and you satisfy the above pre-requisite requirements, please forward a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or apply now for immediate consideration!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.