Pensions Practice Development Lawyer 5+ PQE - Leeds
A leading international firm is looking for a Pensions PDL to support their top-tier team in Leeds. This role presents an excellent opportunity to play an integral part in supporting the team through changes taking place in the pensions market in order to retain a market-leading practice.
This is a highly regarded international firm, ranking in the global 100 they have an outstanding reputation worldwide. You can expect the highest quality work, an outstanding client base and confidence that you will lead a stimulating and rewarding career. They will invest in your future and professional development with market-leading training and development programmes and there will be a clear path to progression from the outset. Despite its size and global reach, the firm has invested a lot of time into understanding their people and what they want from the firm, so they have created an evolving culture that puts you in the best position to achieve your goals. With people at the forefront, the firm are committed to sustaining an inclusive and healthy culture which prioritises well-being and that all people feel they belong.
Over 60 people strong in the UK, the Pensions team is one of the largest of its kind. They cover a broad range of non-contentious and contentious pensions law issues and are ranked as a Band 1 practice in the Legal 500 across all offices. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Development Lawyer (PDL) to support lawyers and clients through best practice in knowhow, tracking and disseminating developments, high quality training and communication with clients, industry bodies and at events.
The team are particularly looking for a PDL to assist in supporting the team to respond to the changes associated with the consolidation taking place in the pensions market to ensure they maintain a market-leading practice. The successful candidate will work closely with the existing pensions PDL team to provide knowledge and practice development support to the pensions team.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Proactively detecting opportunities to generate revenue through products and/or services
· Supporting technical queries about pension law and our response to changes in the law
· Working with Partners and other lawyers to develop and implement strategic and practical projects
· Creating and distributing precedents, templates and practice notes
· Refining services, including prioritising the increased use of technology and precedents to maximise consistency and ease of delivery, leveraging firm-wide investment in ground-breaking innovation in the delivery of legal services in ways relevant to the pensions team
· Suggesting topics and drafting thought leadership publications to include external and internal articles, newsletters, briefings, current awareness and alerts.
· Engaging with clients in relation to changes in the law
· researching and providing information, analysis, and expertise on pensions developments to the lawyers within the team
· Preparing responses to public consultations on pensions developments
· attending client and sector events, briefings and presentations, seminars, articles and client updates
· Organising a training programme for the pensions team and where appropriate delivering internal and client training
You will be a qualified solicitor with at least 5 years PQE within an established pensions practice. You will also be enthusiastic and genuinely interested in the future of legal services and the pensions market. This role will suit an individual with prior experience as a PDL or an experienced lawyer looking to step away from traditional fee-earning and utilise their skills and experience in pensions in a new, challenging way.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels with clients, lawyers and support services;
- Strong time management skills and timely delivery of work and strategic initiatives;
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to communicate complex issues in a straightforward manner;
- Highly collaborative and the ability to work alongside high-performing peers;
- The ability to think commercially and strategically.
The firm offer a market-leading salary as well as a comprehensive list of benefits and hybrid working.
If you're interested in this opportunity and you possess the pre-requisite requirements, please forward an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now for immediate consideration!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.