£106,000 - 125,000
20th February 2024
Solicitor (Director) Data Privacy - City of London
We are working with a highly regarded and well known global city law firm. Highly regarded for its commitment to providing bespoke legal solutions to clients across 80 countries, this collegiate and well respected firm are now looking for a Solicitor to join their Data Privacy team as a Director in London.
Experts in Data Privacy, Cybersecurity, IT and TMT Law, with clients spanning the corporate, banking, real estate, retail, technology, big data, employment and professional services. The firm is ranked in both Chambers and Legal 500 in several areas that include data protection and IT Law.
The Data Protection team has over 350 lawyers. The team has a regulatory and compliance focus. They support clients at various stages of their compliance processes - this ranges from initial data protection programs, cyber security incident response services, through to change management projects.
· Support blue chip, FTSE and Government departments with data protection advice; UK data protection law (GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations,
· Draft, review and amend privacy and data protection contracts including privacy notices, data transfer agreements, DPA`S, data sharing agreements and other consent documents
· Support clients with risk assessments such as data protection impact assessments and transfer impact assessments
· Support clients with responding to Data Subject Access Requests
· Manage multijurisdictional projects
· Create and implement data mapping tools
· Common Law Qualified Solicitor - 6 PQE +
· Strong drafting, analysis and negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team based environment
· A genuine interest in data privacy matters
· Highly competitive salary & benefits package
· Inclusive employer with a strong investment towards employee well-being
· A meritocratic environment, committed professional and personal development
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.