Planning Solicitor, Real Estate Team, Sheffield
- Ranked as a Top 10 Global Law Firm
- Winner of numerous awards including Law Firm of the Year 2018 at the British Legal Awards
- Legal 500 Tier 1 Ranking and ranked in the top 5 amongst London firms
- One of the UK's largest real estate teams
The opportunity -
- An opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified solicitor with up to two years' PQE to join the real estate team of this internationally recognised law firm.
- Based in Sheffield, the successful solicitor will focus on planning law.
- Working as part of this leading European Real Estate team, which spans multiple jurisdictions, you will experience the fullest possible range of real estate transactions advising all types of investors, developers, financers and occupiers in relation to a variety of projects.
- Known for its client focused approach and its thought leadership, you will be working with colleagues in Planning and the Real Estate sector with a wide range of specialisms who are leaders in their field.
- Based in Sheffield, you will be part of a growing and dynamic team and be exposed to a diverse work-type and have a good degree of responsibility
- You will have an excellent opportunity for development and transactional experience.
- The role will involve supporting partners and senior associates in the Planning practice in connection with major real estate transactions, infrastructure projects, compulsory purchase and compensation matters, planning applications and appeals, EIA, highways matters and judicial review. Working alongside the larger Real Estate team, regularly dealing with multi-million pounds transactions and significant projects acting for some of the largest investors (ranging from institutional investors to private equity and overseas investors) as well as developers and infrastructure companies.
- You will be a newly qualified solicitor or a junior associate solicitor with up to 2 years' experience working within a real estate environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for, development planning, infrastructure planning and regeneration having gained good experience in a recognised real estate or energy/infrastructure practice.
- You will have excellent communication skills along with good academics and client relationship skills.
- You will be commercially orientated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- In return you will be afforded the opportunity to work with leading lawyers in their field.
- The firm is an international practice with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
- As well as a market leading salary and benefits package you will be exposed to the highest quality work.
- Professional development is supported and encouraged.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.