- Job Search
- Construction Solicitor
24th September 2020
Construction & Engineering - Solicitor/Associate
- Full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne
- One of the largest law firms in the North East
- Wide client base including large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
- The firm has recently embarked upon an ambitious strategic plan. As part of their growth strategy they are looking to expand their busy and growing Construction & Engineering team and require a solicitor between 3-6 years PQE
- Full and Part time hours will be considered
- You will undertake a broad range of both contentious and non-contentious work from different sectors and clients including employers, contractors, sub-contractors and lenders. This will include drafting, negotiating and advising upon building contracts, professional appointments, sub-contracts and associated bonds and warranties.
- You will also provide support to the firm's wider Real Estate team on development and construction matters and assist in acting for clients in contentious matters where necessary including adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
- You will be working alongside and assisting a Partner but you will run your own caseload and be encouraged to develop a leading role in business development.
- You will need to have 3-6 PQE in construction matters.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to work under time pressure and to exacting client demands.
- Experience and a proven track record of running a case load and experience of business development is essential.
- You will be enthusiastic and ambitious and will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills are essential as is managing expectations across a wide range of competing needs and a willingness to cover a variety of tasks.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within a highly regarded and growing team.
- Opportunity for career progression.
Please get in touch with email@example.com for more information
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018