Corporate Solicitor, Leeds
Not all corporate solicitor roles are the same - here's one in Leeds that genuinely has something a bit different to offer mid level to senior corporate solicitors who want to progress their careers quickly in the right direction.
This top tier law firm with an award winning corporate team is very busy across its practice and is looking to recruit an additional mid level or senior corporate solicitor to join the team in Leeds.
More about the team and the work
- Rated top tier by the Legal 500 for their corporate offering
- Key areas of work for the department include M&A, flotations, equity fundraisings, private equity, joint ventures, capital reconstructions and reorganisations
- A third of their work is overseas deals, working on behalf of clients that belong to the team and the solicitor who landed the work, not an overseas office
- They offer a unique opportunity to build a client base and work towards partnership
- Two thirds of their partners are equity partners
- Turnover for the team has doubled in the last six years
- They are uniquely placed to develop international work across Europe, USA and worldwide and they already have strong links with some of the biggest law firms in these jurisdictions
- Solicitors often have the opportunity to rotate between other specialisms such as IP, commercial and tax, in order to expand their experience and work with other partners and solicitors within the firm on a variety of deals
- Impressive list of clients, both UK and overseas, generating a broad variety of deals across a range of sectors including food and drink, retail, waste and energy, healthcare, technology and IT, industrials and financial services
Who are they looking for?
- A corporate solicitor with experience of working on high calibre corporate transactions
- At least two years' PQE but possibly significantly more
- Keen to develop their technical and commercial skills and the drive to build their client base, with appropriate support
- A desire to take on responsibility for their own clients and deals, within a supportive environment
What can they offer?
- Top tier remuneration package
- Sociable working environment within a down to earth but professional firm
- Top quality work
- A genuine opportunity to progress
If you're feeling frustrated in your current firm, perhaps feeling that target clients are all sown up and that there's nowhere to go, please give me a call to find out more.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.