The head of commercial for this highly regarded international firm is really well liked and has a great vision for the ongoing development of the team, recognising that his talented solicitors are his greatest asset and supporting them closely to develop their careers. He really has the back of every member of the team, so that everyone feels valued and supported.
The firm has a commercial team of over 40 lawyers across its offices in the North, with a London-based team to complement it, and they are now looking to hire a further able commercial solicitor to join the team in Leeds.
What's on offer?
- Cross-sector work providing a high degree of variety, covering the full spectrum of commercial agreements as well as IP and IT work, procurement, competition work and data protection.
- This role focuses on broad commercial work with IT (software licences, maintenance escrow, SaaS, hosting arrangements, reseller, open-source etc)
- They operate across a wide range of sectors including local government, telecomms, logistics, manufacturing, energy, retail, sport and media and the work is very high quality.
- Team also well known for providing a range of secondment opportunities so this is an ideal role to explore if you have your eye on in-house a bit further down the line, as it gives you the opportunity to 'try before you buy'.
- Team is led by an incredibly personable and supportive partner, dedicated to the progression and development of the individuals in his team
- Low turnover of staff to competitor firms, if they do lose people it's usually to in-house roles
- Very competitive salaries with bonus structure (currently under upward review) - salaries are a shade under the top tiers but with significantly lower billable hours targets
- Agile working as standard
Who are they looking for?
- Applications welcomed from non-contentious commercial solicitors with between 2 and 7 years' PQE in commercial law, gained with a City, national or strong regional firm, niche IP/IT firm or a well-regarded in-house legal team.
- IT experience also of particular interest
- You should have a strong academic record with at least a 2:1 and preferably a Commendation or higher.
- Solicitors looking for flexible hours very welcome to apply
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.