- Job Search
- Public Law Solicitor
Public Law Solicitor Leeds
This major international firm has a very strong reputation for public law and professional disciplinary work across a wide range of professions, to include healthcare and teaching.
An interesting and unusual role has now arisen for a junior solicitor to join the public law team and work on a mix of contentious professional disciplinary work, including significant advocacy work.
About the firm and the team
- Major international firm with one of the biggest and most highly respected public law teams in the UK
- Public law team covers the full spectrum of work on behalf of central and local government, public bodies, NHS organisations, education sector organisations, regulators and other organisations working for or with the public sector
- This particular role focuses on professional disciplinary matters acting on behalf of regulatory bodies
- The focus for the role is on professional disciplinary investigations in the teaching profession, although there is scope for developing experience across the public law practice
- You will work on the conduct of investigations, recommending charging decisions, preparing for disciplinary hearings and conducting prosecution cases in front of regulatory panels
- You will be handling straightforward matters yourself with the appropriate level of supervision and training, as well as working as part of a team on larger more complex cases
- You will have the opportunity to conduct regular advocacy
- Extensive and thorough training will be given for this specialist area, as well as plenty of support & supervision whenever required
Who are they looking for?
- A junior solicitor with solid academics and some prior experience of advocacy is a minimum requirement
- Either newly qualified or soon to qualify, or perhaps with up to three or four years' PQE as a solicitor in a role where you have had the opportunity to develop your advocacy skills, whether that's in Court, Tribunals or in front of regulatory panels
- Ideally you will have some experience of working on public law matters and regulatory experience would be of particular interest
- The ideal candidate will have some experience working on TRA matters, but the firm appreciates that this is a niche area and not many people have this experience
What's on offer?
- A market leading salary and benefits package, together with bonus structure
- The ongoing structured training and resources that you would expect from a major international firm
- A really friendly and supportive team that is passionate about public sector work
- An interesting and developing sector to develop a specialism in
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018