6th September 2019
Property Litigation Solicitor Leeds
Property Litigation Solicitor - international firm - Leeds - 2-5PQE - great variety of work - cutting-edge litigation including Court of Appeal cases - setting precedents
Another great opportunity has come up for a property litigation solicitor with this steadily growing property litigation team in Leeds, offering a great team environment and a genuinely interesting mix of work, as well as a solid bonus structure and work life balance.
The Firm & The Team
- Top 20 UK firm highly ranked across many practice areas, particularly strong reputation in litigation and real estate.
- The property litigation team has broad coverage across a wide range of sectors including residential development, retail, logistics, Premier League football, financial services, telecommunications, asset management and local authority.
- They have a market-leading telecommunications specialism in the Leeds team.
- The spread of work on offer is a truly broad remit of commercial property litigation work, including break notices, lease and licence advisory work, S25 notices, S26 requests, S29B extensions, actions for dilapidations, breach of covenant, injunctions, status of occupation and drafting, issue & service of lease renewal or termination proceedings.
- They regularly litigate in the Court of Appeal and the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- On top of all this, the team is genuinely dealing with some of the most cutting-edge litigation in the UK at the moment, generated from the new Electronic Communications Code - 2 Court of Appeal cases in 2 months
- All in all, it's a high quality, broad based role within a really friendly team.
Who are they looking for?
- They are looking to recruit a solicitor with a strong background in property litigation matters
- A strong understanding of litigation is essential and you should be as familiar with the Upper Tribunal Rules as you are with the Civil Procedure Rules
- Ideally you will have around 2-5 PQE but they may look slightly outside this range
- The ideal candidate will be confident in all aspects of the litigation process, be articulate and client facing and keen to join a dedicated property litigation team that has client care at the forefront of its objectives.
What's on offer?
- It's a close knit team, with a head of department who is friendly, open & thoroughly approachable.
- A very strong market rate salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant.
- The bonus structure is good and whilst everyone in the team works hard, the hours are sensible and everyone is on their way home by 6 or 6.30 most evenings.
- They get on well and tend to socialise together a lot. There's a lot of humour.
- The quality of the work is very good, as well as being varied. They regularly attract top tier candidates for this team.
What should you do now?
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.