Employment Solicitor Leeds
Top tier international firm - tier 1 for employment work in the Legal 500 for Yorkshire - Employment Solicitor - 3-10PQE - Leeds - impressive new offices
- Market leading top tier salary, bonus and benefits
- Exceptional range of clients
- Varied and interesting work, often very high profile and topical
- Agile working and flexible working patterns as required, very family-friendly team
- Well structured, busy team
- Fantastic career progression opportunity, lots of room to grow and develop
About the team
- The employment group has a nationally & internationally acknowledged reputation and deals with all aspects of employment matters from recruitment to retirement.
- In Leeds, they work with an extremely diverse range of employer clients across a wide range of public and private sectors, both UK and international, on contentious and non-contentious matters, as well as with senior executive employees.
- This one partner team is very busy and is growing. There is plenty of scope to grow the team to a 2 or 3 partner team over the next few years.
About the work
- As a member of the Leeds team, you can expect to come across, amongst other matters, litigation in the Employment Tribunal as well as High Court & County Court disputes
- Discrimination matters, collective labour issues, privacy & data protection matters
- National minimum wage matters, gender pay gap issues, zero hours and annualised contracts matters
- Restructuring & organisational change, as well as other transactional work.
- In short, a full varied caseload
About the role
- As well as handling your own caseload of matters, you will also get heavily involved in major project work, whether that's a large-scale employment dispute or a major restructuring project or industrial action matter.
- You will take a key role in supporting and mentoring more junior solicitors in the team
- You will be the key lawyer contact for a number of clients and be heavily involved in business development, networks and seminars
- The idea candidate will be a solicitor with around 3-10PQE in respondent based matters
- You will have high calibre experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters gained within a recognised commercial law firm, preferably working on behalf of employers and respondents, as well as some good solid Tribunal experience.
- Or you may be working in-house currently
- You may have some experience of mentoring junior lawyers and paralegals.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.