Employment Solicitor Leeds
Top tier international firm - tier 1 for employment work in the Legal 500 for Yorkshire - Employment Solicitor - 4-10PQE - Leeds - impressive new offices
- Market leading top tier salary, bonus and benefits
- Exceptional range of clients
- Varied and interesting work, often very high profile and topical
- Agile working and flexible working patterns as required
About the team
- The employment group has a nationally & internationally acknowledged reputation and deals with all aspects of employment matters from recruitment to retirement.
- In Leeds, they work with an extremely diverse range of employer clients across a wide range of public and private sectors, both UK and international, on contentious and non-contentious matters, as well as with senior executive employees.
About the work
- As a member of the Leeds team, you can expect to come across, amongst other matters, litigation in the Employment Tribunal as well as High Court & County Court disputes
- Discrimination matters, collective labour issues, privacy & data protection matters
- National minimum wage matters, gender pay gap issues, zero hours and annualised contracts matters
- Restructuring & organisational change, as well as other transactional work.
About the role
- As well as handling your own caseload of matters, you will also get heavily involved in major project work, whether that's a large-scale employment dispute or a major restructuring project or industrial action matter.
- You will take a key role in supporting and mentoring more junior solicitors in the team
- You will be the key lawyer contact for a number of clients and be heavily involved in business development, networks and seminars
- The idea candidate will be a solicitor with at least 4 years' PQE but possibly quite a bit more
- You will have high calibre experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters gained within a recognised commercial law firm, preferably working on behalf of employers and respondents, as well as some good solid Tribunal experience.
- You will have gained some supervisory and mentoring experience and be interested in this aspect of the role, keen to play your part in the ongoing development of the Leeds team and its members
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.