- Job Search
- Procurement Disputes Solicitor
Procurement Disputes Solicitor Leeds
Leading Procurement Disputes team - Leeds - exceptional quality high profile work - retrain opportunity from a different area of disputes - NQ-4PQE
About the opportunity
- This is a rare chance to join a team of lawyers who specialise in major high profile procurement challenges.
- The work is complex and interesting, with top London firms on the other side and working alongside the UK's specialist procurement QCs
- 12-strong team nationally based in London and Leeds
- Global platform with plenty of multi-jurisdictional work and genuine overseas opportunities
- Acting on the 2 largest and most high profile procurement challenges in the UK at the moment, one of which is a claim for c£1billion
- Also get involved in lots of judicial review work and public law advice, as well as challenge avoidance advice
- Stable, close-knit team that works collaboratively as a national team
- Top international firm with market leading salary, bonus and benefits package
Who are they looking for?
- The team is expanding and wants to hire a fairly junior associate to join the team in Leeds
- They don't expect that the successful solicitor will likely have specific procurement litigation experience but clearly this would be a bonus
- Many of the team started out as more general commercial litigators and then developed this specialism when the opportunity arose within the firm
- You will either be approaching qualification as a solicitor this year, or already qualified with up to 3 or 4 years' PQE in a complex area of litigation and a demonstrable interest in procurement and public law
- You will have a very sound academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree and Commendation at LPC, as this is an intellectually demanding area of law
- You may be working with a recognised commercial firm or potentially be moving from in-house or from the public sector, where you will ideally have been at the 'coal face' of procurement challenges
- You must be able to show a genuine interest in procurement challenges and public law more widely
What to do now?
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018