- Job Search
- Corporate Governance Solicitor, Leeds
Corporate Governance Solicitor
Unusual corporate governance opportunity - top tier international firm - Leeds - NQ-2PQE - interesting & varied role working with an exceptionally high quality client base
We don't get instructed on these kinds of opportunities very often. This top tier international firm is looking for a junior solicitor to join the corporate practice group and take up a corporate governance role.
More on the role
- Join the Governance & Compliance team, which is part of the Corporate & Commercial group
- Advise directors, GCs and company secretariats on market announcements, board & governance structures, shareholder communications, directors duties, conflicts of interest and constitutions, to name a few areas
- Clients include major household name FTSE 100, FTSE 250, AIM quoted companies and private companies
- Develop in-depth ongoing relationships with clients, get to know them really well
- Award-winning governance portal for clients to access
- Public speaking opportunities
- Work closely with a number of other teams within the firm, as there is frequent crossover with corporate, pensions, financial regulation, Health & Safety and employment
More on the team
- Tier 1 listed for corporate governance and compliance advice
- Friendly collegiate team
- Innovative and forward-thinking
More about you
- You don't necessarily need a specific grounding in corporate governance but you should know your way round company law and understand the regulatory environment in which listed companies operate
- You should have strong academic abilities and be professionally client-facing
- You should enjoy working as part of a team
- You should enjoy being stretched, but with support
- Ideally, you'll have done a stint in corporate and/or possibly some kind of regulatory team
- You'll be a qualified solicitor, either newly qualified or up to around 2PQE
If this sounds like you, and you're fascinated with the inner workings of large public and private companies, you should get in touch.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018