- Job Search
- Professional Disciplinary Solicitor, Leeds
Professional Disciplinary Solicitor Leeds
This national law firm has an outstanding reputation in the health and social care sector, and is now looking for a professional disciplinary solicitor to join the growing team based in Leeds.
More on the opportunity
- Join a growing team of Solicitors, Barristers and paralegals working closely together to provide a seamless service to a major regulator client in the social care space, as part of a long term client service contract
- Really get to know your client and build a long-lasting client relationship, which is more akin to in-house style of working due to the close nature of the relationship between client and lawyers
- Get involved in prosecution advocacy if this is of interest, although there is plenty of Barrister resource in the team (incidentally the team is also interested in hearing from Barristers in this area who are interested in joining the firm)
- Manage an investigatory caseload where the registrant's fitness to practise is questioned due to misconduct, competence or health issues
- Prepare prosecution cases for hearings before the relevant panels and committees
- The caseload is varied and interesting, and covers matters ranging from large-scale fraud to multi-patient clinical failings to inappropriate sexual behaviour
- You will work under the supervision of a partner and have the support of a paralegal to enable you to work efficiently
More about you
- You will be a qualified solicitor with at least a grounding in regulatory disciplinary matters. You can be quite newly qualified or have a number of years' experience under your belt, or you may have moved into this area more recently from a different practice area.
- You will be somebody who enjoys working as part of a cohesive team and who is keen to develop their career in professional disciplinary matters
- An understanding of the health & social care sector would be a distinct advantage.
- You will be level-headed enough to work within what can be an emotionally demanding area of practice
- You will be based in Leeds, or can demonstrate a genuine desire to move to the area
- A positive team based working environment
- A tier 1 ranked team for this area of work, and one of the largest teams in the UK with strength & depth of experience
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- An interesting niche, but growing, area of law
- Flexible working arrangements as required according to your circumstances
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to find out more. If you'd like to apply, please send your current CV with a covering note, and we can arrange a conversation to discuss.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018