- Job Search
- Quasi in-house Commercial Solicitor Leeds
Quasi In-house Commercial Solicitor - fixed term - Leeds
A fantastic role for a junior to mid level commercial contracts solicitor has opened up with this highly professional quasi in-house legal team in Leeds.
- The team works as an extension to the in-house legal teams for a number of high profile national and global clients, but with the support and resources of a major international law firm.
- They are very busy and have an opportunity to cover a 12 month maternity leave, with some potential for it to go permanent if they grow further during this time
- The team works with high profile legal teams across a number of sectors, including luxury cars, financial services, food & drink and FMCG.
- They have grown considerably since their inception at the beginning of 2016, with a significant number of new client wins for the efficient and cost effective managed in-house service.
- Low turnover of staff - the team has grown considerably over the last 2+ years few have left.
- Could this role be the best of both worlds?
- No chargeable hours targets, no scoping and pricing work, no time recording, no dealing with volume basic matters that are intellectually unstimulating
- No having to turn your hand to matters that are outside your skillset with no support or resources
- Sensible working hours and very high quality challenging and varied commercial contract work, in an environment where each lawyer can work to their full potential
- Great levels of support, resources and ongoing training
- Fully operational AI looks after higher volume basic contract work
Who are they looking for?
- They are now looking to take on a commercial solicitor with ideally between two and four years' PQE in predominantly commercial contracts, either from an in-house or private practice background.
- You will need a solid academic record and experience gained within a top tier or mid tier commercial firm, or a regarded in-house legal team.
- If you also have some additional experience in IT or data protection, so much the better although this is not essential.
The team offers a highly competitive top tier salary and benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018