- Job Search
- In-house Counsel - Financial Crime, Leeds
In-House Counsel - Financial Crime, Leeds
This major global firm has a significant in-house legal team, with in-house Counsel based in a number of different offices but with the majority based out of its northern powerhouse office in Leeds. The Risk team forms part of the in-house legal function and has created a robust platform for managing risk across all parts of the business.
They are now looking for a junior to mid level Solicitor to join the expanding team in Leeds and focus on financial crime issues.
More on the team and the role
- Join a cohesive and close-knit team of lawyers, many of whom have been with the firm for many years, often moving over to the in-house team from fee earner roles earlier in their careers
- Focus on a broad range of financial crime matters, interacting with legal advisers and business colleagues at all levels of the business, including senior management
- Areas of work covered by the team include anti-bribery & corruption, anti-money laundering and general matters covered by the Criminal Finances Act
- Deal with day-to-day business queries as well as a range of strategic projects, such as the implementation of new legislation and regulation, assessing the impact on the firm, and developing policies, procedures and training modules to be rolled out firm-wide
- Work also involves supporting ongoing international expansion as well as supporting the delivery of major work streams from clients and monitoring compliance and risk practices across the firm
More about you
- You will be a qualified Solicitor with around 2-5 years' PQE, with a strong academic profile and ideally experience of working in a large commercial practice, familiar with the range of work in firms of this size and the associated risk & regulatory responsibilities
- You will have a good working knowledge of financial crime legislation and regulations affecting the practice of law firms and other large businesses, whether that's from a fee earning perspective or an in-house legal perspective
- You will be keen to join a friendly, close-knit team which works well together to continuously build on the robust framework that manages risk across the business
- The team offers a range of flexible options to suit your individual needs, with many members of the team working part time
- Agile working and blended role options are very much the norm in this team
- If you are currently in a fee earning role and looking for your first in-house role, this offers the opportunity for in-house legal work within an industry sector that you are already very familiar with
- Top tier salary and benefits package, together with a discretionary bonus
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to hear more about, please get in touch for more details. If you'd like to apply, please send your current CV and we can arrange a chat to discuss, with a view to making an application on your behalf.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018