- Job Search
- In-house Counsel - Commercial Contracts, Leeds
In-house Counsel - Commercial Contracts, Leeds
We are working with a major global law firm with a significant and expanding in-house legal team. The legal team is based predominantly out of Leeds has a remit that covers the UK, Europe, Asia and Middle East.
They are looking for a mid level Commercial Contracts Solicitor to join the in-house Commercial Contracts team and work collaboratively on a range of day-to-day business-wide matters along with strategic projects, in a role that offers real variety.
More about the role
- Small close-knit team with responsibility for the organisation's contracting arrangements with suppliers, clients and other organisations
- Extremely varied role where no two days are the same
- Mix of business-as-usual work and queries from across the business, and strategic projects
- Strategic project work includes contract work from new office expansion, joint ventures, implementing new client wins and implementing new legislation or regulations, such as Brexit
- Daily interaction with decision makers across the business, both in the UK and overseas
- Gain profile and reputation across the entire business
- Help design and deliver training as part of project work
- Provide support on client pitches
Who are they looking for?
- A qualified solicitor with around 2-5 years' PQE in commercial contracts, preferably gained within a large commercial firm or an in-house legal team
- A solid academic profile, with at least a 2:1 degree, as the work can often be intellectually demanding and complex
- A professional with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A pragmatic and commercial approach to advising the organisation on their contractual responsibilities
- A collaborative team player
- Strong organisational skills
Benefits of the role
- Strong top tier salary & benefits package
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Agile and flexible working as required, full or part time
- Friendly professional working environment - a close-knit team of friendly, down-to-earth lawyers who are straightforward and easy to get on with
- Lots of variety
- An in-house role with the support and resources of a global law firm
- A structured career development pathway and excellent ongoing training programmes
If this sounds of interest, please get in touch for more details. To apply, please send a copy of your current CV, and we can arrange a call to discuss.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018