- Job Search
- Employment Rights Lawyer, Leeds
23rd February 2021
Employment Rights Solicitors
This major national trade union firm is extremely busy in its employment law department and is looking for a further Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive to join the team in Leeds.
More on the opportunity
- Handle your own case load of predominantly contentious employment law matters, including unfair dismissal, settlement agreements, discrimination, TUPE etc, with the appropriate level of supervision
- Undertake advocacy in the Employment Tribunal in both preliminary hearings and full hearings
- Deal with matters which may go to the Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Role involves direct contact with clients, both face to face and over the phone
- No formal supervisory responsibilities but get involved with mentoring and informally supervising junior staff members
- Structured career progression in the form of a pay grade system
- Competitive salary and benefits with a generous holiday allowance and a car allowance
More about you
- You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive with at least 2 years' experience in applicant-based employment law
- Ideally you will have experience working with trade unions and will have an understanding of how trade unions operate
- You will be familiar with running your own caseload of matters, and can 'hit the ground running'
- You will be a good team player and well able to empathise with clients
- You will have a strong empathy with trade unions and the Labour movement
- Someone with a driving licence and access to a car would be preferred as there is some out of town travel involved
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to explore, please get in touch to find out more. To apply, please send a copy of your current CV and we will contact you to discuss.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018