- Job Search
- Public Procurement Solicitor, Leeds
Public Procurement Solicitor - NQ-5 PQE - National Firm - Leeds - full or part-time (4 days)
Our client, a leading national firm, is seeking to bolster its Commercial and Infrastructure offering in Leeds with the addition of a Public Procurement Solicitor. Applications will be considered from those at the newly qualified level through to about 5 years' PQE. This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Public Procurement Solicitor within a Legal 500 and Chambers ranked team that is growing and acts for a broad spectrum of clients but with a particular focus on the public sector. Working environment is close knit, friendly and flexible and this role is offered on a full or part-time basis.
As a Public Procurement Solicitor, based in the Leeds office of this national law firm, you will be involved in a wide variety of commercial and complex contracting work on some of the largest and ground breaking projects in the country. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on structuring and conducting major procurement exercises for a range of public bodies including local authorities, NHS bodies and central government clients across a range of industry sectors including building and regeneration, waste management, energy, information and communications technologies, outsourcing, FM, highways infrastructure, education, leisure services as well as NHS health and community care services.
- Providing advices on procurement law issues including cooperation arrangements between public bodies, changes to contracts and exemptions to competitive tendering.
- Primarily non-contentious legal areas of work but will occasionally involve working alongside the firm's procurement litigation team on procurement challenges.
- Working with Partners in other national offices as well as those locally
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will:
- Be NQ-5 PQE.
- Have experience in non-contentious public procurement law, gained ideally across a range of public sector clients and industry sectors.
- Have strong commercial contracts experience relevant to PQE gained in private practice or in-house (including from the public sector).
- An awareness of public & administrative law and subsidy control would also be useful.
- Have a personable and friendly personality with excellent communication skills and be able to think outside the box.
The successful Public Procurement Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A very competitive package including and comprehensive benefits.
- The opportunity to join a firm that is known nationally for the quality of its legal advice and sector knowledge.
- Agile/flexible working with the option to undertake this role on a full or part time (4 days) basis.
- The opportunity to join a firm that is well known for its supportive culture and commitment to diversity & inclusion
Apply now if this opportunity is of interest!
Or if you would like an initial confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Juliet Lawson at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018