Commercial Solicitor, Leeds
This fantastic mid tier commercial firm, an extremely well-established player in the Leeds commercial legal community, is now looking for a further Solicitor to join the growing Commercial team, with a particular focus on clients within the digital and technology sectors.
More on the firm
- Established for over 170 years
- Well-known for being forward-thinking and dynamic and has won awards for its innovative use of technology in helping to drive the business forward
- Highly rated in the Legal 500 for its corporate commercial practice
- Regularly wins awards for its equality & diversity practices
- Sociable, friendly firm with lovely modern offices in the heart of the legal community in Leeds
- Previously been shortlisted in the British Legal Awards for Commercial Team of the Year, no mean feat when you're up against the nationals and global firms
- They have a wealth of experience gained both in-house and in private practice, which gives them a naturally practical, proactive and commercial approach which is praised by clients
- 4 of the team are ex top tier international lawyers, who have been attracted by the quality of work and culture of the firm
- They have a broad client base, both local and national, across a number of sectors including retail, digital & technology, food & drink, hospitality & leisure, transport, manufacturing, and marketing
- Have had a number of notable successes recently in building their client base further that has resulted in an influx of retained work across a number of sectors.
- The team deals with the full range of commercial agreements, from distribution, agency and franchise agreements, through software licence agreements and collaboration arrangements, to supply chain, services and consultancy agreements
- They have recruited recently at the junior end but due to further growth in pipeline they are already in a position to hire again
- Join the team as a junior to mid level lawyer and benefit from the wealth of experience and mentoring
- Direct client access from day one
- Work closely with a senior lawyer who joined from a top tier international firm, who focuses on interesting and varied work within the digital and technology sectors
- Also get involved in work for other client sectors
- Plenty of exposure to a wide range of work, with appropriate levels of support
- A really dynamic but friendly team of approachable, helpful lawyers
- A sensible work-life balance that is harder to find in the top tier
More about you
- You will be a qualified Solicitor with around 2 or 3 years' post qualified experience in Commercial work
- Ideally you will have gained some exposure to work within the digital and technology sectors, but this is not essential as long as you can demonstrate an interest in these sectors
- You will be a straightforward and personable individual who can engage with clients in a friendly and practical way - 'in our team, we are human beings first, legal advisers second'
- You will be looking for a working environment where everybody's voice is heard and you can work together as a close-knit team to achieve fantastic results for your clients
Does this sound of interest? Please get in touch - either apply online with your CV or contact us to discuss this opportunity further.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.