Property Litigation Solicitor, Leeds
We haven't seen a property litigation role coming up with this very well liked international firm for a number of years, so we're expecting this will be quite popular even in a tight candidate marketplace!
The firm and the team
- Fantastic national / international firm with an exceptional reputation for its positive and collaborative working environment
- Highly competitive salaries just a shade under the top tiers, but with a lower chargeable hours target and a commitment to work life balance
- Sociable and friendly firm with a proven commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Enviable client list of landlords & tenants with national portfolios, investors, developers, public bodies and FTSE250 household name corporates
- Very broad sector spread including leisure, retail, energy, telecoms, government, charities, transport and infrastructure, generating genuine work variety
- Significant national team led by 3 talented partners, which is continuing to grow and has seen some exciting new client wins.
- Get involved in the full range of contentious commercial property matters
- This includes all the usual landlord & tenant matters such as 1954 Act renewals, break notices and dilapidations, as well as work under the Electronic Communications Code and general property matters such as adverse possession, title disputes and easements
- No 2 days are the same and the team pulls together well to achieve its clients' aims
- Work alongside 2 managing associates in the Leeds team, where you'll see plenty of ongoing supervision and mentoring
- A small but growing team in Leeds, a great opportunity to get involved as they ramp up the size of their offering
- Excellent salary and benefits structure - one of the best suites of benefits in the industry
- A transparent and achievable bonus structure
- A friendly and cohesive Leeds team, one of the smaller offices nationally but still with real clout in the market, working closely alongside their tier 1 teams in other locations nationally
- Excellent quality work
- Structured training and development programme
- Property litigation continues to be a quickly growing and varied practice area, with developments in the sector regularly resulting in new and interesting work
- Agile working as standard and flexible working options available
Who are they looking for?
- A qualified or soon-to-qualify solicitor with experience in property litigation matters
- The structure of the team, and opportunities for ongoing progression, means that they can accommodate either an NQ or somebody with more experience, up to around 5PQE
- Strong academics and an eye for detail
- An efficient and commercial approach, the ability to assimilate a complex set of facts quickly
- Somebody who thrives on working alongside others, as some of the work involves working across national multi-disciplinary teams across the firm
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please get in touch!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.