14th October 2021
Commercial Solicitor, Leeds
An interesting opportunity has arisen with this highly regarded national / international firm for a commercial solicitor to join the healthcare commercial team in Leeds and handle a diverse range of commercial work on behalf of healthcare clients, both public and private sector.
This multi award-winning firm combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with global coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific.
- The healthcare commercial team acts on behalf of a wide range of clients within the health sector and sits on a wide array of NHS frameworks, as well as working with other public and private healthcare organisations
- They offer transactional advice on a wide range of the day-to-day commercial activity of varied NHS and private sector healthcare clients, whether that's a large hospital or major purchasers of healthcare services.
- This could include general commercial contracts, outsourcing and procurement, joint ventures, collaborations and shared services.
- The team also advises at both strategic and operational level on the reshaping of NHS contracting and provision and operates nationally across 5 main offices and increasingly handles national and international work.
- They're the biggest and most high profile team of this kind in the UK and lead the market in cutting edge healthcare commercial work, much of which is very high profile and of general interest to many, especially in the current circumstances
- At the helm is a highly personable Partner who is also a UK hot 100 lawyer
- You will handle your own caseload and work with more senior lawyers on major projects
- You will gain exposure to the full range of commercial work covered by the team, with the appropriate level of support
- You will be providing a wide range of commercial risk advice that is very much solutions-focused
- Whilst this specific role focuses on commercial work for healthcare clients, there is also scope in the future to work across other client groups, or alternatively expand your skill set with healthcare clients beyond commercial matters and into other areas of work for this client base
- Equally you could decide to focus predominantly on commercial healthcare work if this is your chosen direction of travel
More about you
- You will be a Solicitor, or soon-to-qualify Solicitor, with up to around 5 years' PQE
- In an ideal world you will have specific commercial experience on behalf of healthcare clients, but this is absolutely not essential, and solid general experience across commercial contracts, procurement and /or joint ventures is very much welcomed
- You will need to demonstrate a genuine interest in this sector
- You will have gained your experience within a recognised commercial firm, or in-house within commerce & industry or the public sector
- You will enjoy working collaboratively with a friendly, approachable, but highly professional team of lawyers
- Highly competitive salary structure
- Achievable & transparent bonus structure
- Solid rack of benefits
- Flexible and agile working
- Successful and profitable team
- Genuinely interesting work
- An absolutely lovely partner at the helm and a friendly, down to earth, collaborative team of lawyers to be part of
If you're interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.