- Job Search
- In-house Legal Counsel, Leeds
14th October 2021
In-House Counsel, Commercial, Leeds
We have a fantastic opportunity for a junior to mid level Legal Counsel (NQ-5 PQE) to work in-house at a leading international law firm in Leeds. Acting purely for the firm (no external client work) and with no chargeable hours target, applicants from in-house or private practice backgrounds will be considered. Agile working is promoted and part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
The successful applicant will be from the NQ through to 5 years' PQE level with broad commercial experience. Work will include a broad range of general commercial contracts for the firm and its group from multi million pound IT contracts through to IP, data and privacy, outsourcing, HR and employment.
Working closely with the firm's in-house procurement team, this role would sit in the firm's in-house commercial contracts team supporting the firm in its sourcing, contracting and management of 3rd party suppliers, both in the UK and internationally.
The successful Legal Counsel will be involved in drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial contracts in support of the procurement, contracting and supplier management activities undertaken by the firm and its wider group. You will also work as a member of a projects team which may be established for larger projects.
· NQ-5 PQE.
· Technical excellence in contract drafting and amending and ability to apply skills to a wide range of commercial contracts for services and equipment.
· Good negotiation skills.
· Some knowledge of data protection, IP, tech and employment law would be advantageous.
· Ability to assist on the drafting of service requirements and service level agreements.
· Commercial awareness and ability to make sound judgements on contract issues and level of acceptable risk.
* Top tier salary and benefits package
* Full time, part time, flexible working patterns, agile working - to suit you
* A genuinely varied role working for this global business
There is huge scope for flexibility within this role in terms of working patterns, remote working and part-time options.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018