- Job Search
- Legal Recruitment Consultant - lawyer retrain opportunity
27th February 2019
Legal Recruitment Consultant (Associate) - Manchester city centre
ARE YOU A SOLICITOR, LEGAL EXECUTIVE OR PARALEGAL?
Have you reached a point in your career where you’re unsure whether the law’s for you?
Maybe you’re a trainee and realising this already…?
IF SO, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A CAREER IN LEGAL RECRUITMENT?
A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path. And that’s exactly what we can offer you – a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
For most of our consultants who come from a legal background, they wanted a career that provided:
Better earnings - A good recruiter earns more than a good lawyer! We offer highly competitive basic salaries (up to £28,000) alongside an uncapped bonus scheme.
More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships - Our clients will look to you to consult with them, devise and deliver a solution and similarly, you’ll work intimately with lawyer candidates and help them to make moves that advance their careers and/or meet particular personal needs.
Greater variety - You might find yourself consulting with a major law firm with plans to ‘Northshore’ its operations; a Big 4 Accountancy firm looking to grow its Legal services; a FTSE 250 company looking for a new Head of Legal; or, a smaller firm needing to make a critical appointment that’s pivotal to its succession planning. Every day is different in recruitment.
More autonomy - We work in lateral markets - you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist in your own right.
A better work/life balance - We encourage a good work life balance. Our standard working hours are: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-5.30pm. Whilst this is a full time role, once you are on-board and bedded in, we are open to the idea of flexible working.
Culture - The Manchester team is one with a particularly strong sense of unity and camaraderie - it's a positive, energising place to work! We work in a fantastic modern office setting - it’s an open plan, collaborative and thriving environment.
Transparent progression - Over 20% of our team members were promoted last year, some within their first 12 months with us!
WHY BCL LEGAL?
- Over 60% of our recruitment consultants come from a legal background. You’ll be in very good company and safe hands!
- We can offer you a warm desk. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the innate skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment
- We take our responsibility to you seriously
- You’ll be given in-depth training and weekly coaching and feedback from your manager
- You’ll be provided with a mentor and buddy (most likely a former lawyer)
- You’ll be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to pave the way to your success
- We appreciate it’s a big change to make, but no matter where you are in the decision-making process, talk to us. We’ll provide you with honest advice; to help you make the right decision.
In addition we offer a host of other benefits, to include:
- Holidays - 26 days per year annual leave (increases with service, plus potential to buy additional days)
- Group pension plan
- Westfield health plan (plus voluntary private medical cover at a reduced rate)
- Death in service
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you would like any further information on this recruitment consultant role please contact Joanna Leaver at BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to: email@example.com
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018