- Job Search
- Legal Recruitment - retrain opportunity Paralegals & Solicitors
Legal Recruitment Consultant (Associate) - London
ARE YOU A SOLICITOR, LEGAL EXECUTIVE OR PARALEGAL?
Have you reached a point in your career where you’re unsure whether the law’s for you? Maybe you’re a trainee and realising this already…?
IF SO, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A CAREER IN LEGAL RECRUITMENT?
A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path.
And that’s exactly what we can offer you - a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
For most of our consultants who come from a legal background, they wanted a career that provided:
Better earnings - A good recruiter earns more than a good lawyer! We offer highly competitive basic salaries alongside an uncapped bonus scheme.
More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships- Our clients will look to you to consult with them, devise and deliver a solution and similarly, you’ll work intimately with lawyer candidates and help them to make moves that advance their careers and/or meet particular personal needs.
Greater variety- You might find yourself consulting with a major law firm with plans to 'Northshore’ its operations; a Big 4 Accountancy firm looking to grow its Legal services; a FTSE 250 company looking for a new Head of Legal; or, a smaller firm needing to make a critical appointment that’s pivotal to its succession planning. Every day is different in recruitment.
More autonomy- We work in lateral markets - you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist in your own right.
A better work/life balance- We encourage a good work life balance. Our standard working hours are: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-5.30pm. Whilst this is a full time role, once you are on-board and bedded in, we are open to the idea of flexible working.
Culture- The BCL team is one with a particularly strong sense of unity and camaraderie - it's a positive, professional, energising place to work! We work in a fantastic modern office setting - it’s an open plan, collaborative and thriving environment.
Transparent progression- Over 20% of our team members were promoted last year, some within their first 12 months with us!
WHY BCL LEGAL?
- Over 60% of our recruitment consultants come from a legal background. You’ll be in very good company and safe hands!
- This is not a cold calling environment. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the innate skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment.
- We take our responsibility to you seriously
- You’ll be given in-depth training and weekly coaching and feedback from your manager
- You’ll be provided with a mentor and buddy (most likely a former lawyer)
- You’ll be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to pave the way to your success
We appreciate it’s a big change to make, but no matter where you are in the decision-making process, talk to us!
We’ll provide you with honest advice and further research materials to ensure you make the right decision for you.
In addition we offer a host of other benefits, to include:
- Holidays - 26 days per year annual leave (increases with service, plus potential to buy additional days)
- Group pension plan
- Westfield health plan (plus voluntary private medical cover at a reduced rate)
- Death in service
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply now.
As BCL's National Talent Executive I look forward to reviewing your application, with a view to discussing your motivations and hearing more about why you'd like to join us and undertake a career in legal recruitment!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018