25th September 2019
Legal Recruitment Consultant (Associate) - Manchester city centre
ARE YOU A TRAINEE / QUALIFIED SOLICITOR OR LEGAL EXECUTIVE?
- Interesting fact - over 60% of our recruitment consultants come from a legal background. Our fantastic BCL team is steadily growing. Could you be our next hire?
- A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path.
- If you're feeling like the law is no longer for you, we can offer you a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
BEING A LEGAL RECRUITER AT BCL:
- You'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy, as well as by networking, being pro-active on social media and through referrals.
- You'll interview candidates and match them to your clients. You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels and the current market.
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Better earnings - we offer highly competitive basic salaries (up to £28,000) alongside an uncapped bonus scheme. OTE in Y1 is between £35,000-£40,000.
- More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships.
- Greater variety - every day is different in recruitment!
- More autonomy - we work in lateral markets - you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist.
- A better work/life balance - our standard working hours are: Monday-Thursday 9.00am-6.00pm and Friday 9.00am-5.30pm. Once you are on-board and bedded in, we are open to the idea of flexible working.
- Culture - BCL is a positive, professional and energising place to work! Take a look at our Instagram (@bcllegallife).
- Transparent progression - over 20% of our team were promoted last year.
- You'll be a Legal Executive or Trainee / Qualified Solicitor set on leaving the law.
- You'll be looking to build a long term career in recruitment with a market leader.
- You'll be a self starter and will have a strong desire to succeed and establish yourself as the 'go to recruiter' in your market.
- You will possess strong academics and bags of personality!
- You will be highly resilient. You'll need to enjoy working in a high pressure, target driven environment.
- You'll be a strong team player, with a positive 'can do' attitude.
WHY BCL LEGAL?
- This is not a cold calling environment. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment.
- You'll be given in-depth training and weekly coaching and feedback from your manager/supervisor.
- You'll be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to succeed.
- In addition we offer a host of other benefits, to include 26 days per year annual leave, Westfield health plan, season ticket loans and more!
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR CONSULTANTS TO FOCUS ON:
1. Recruiting non-qualified and qualified insurance lawyers, in addition to Paralegals for all legal disciplines across the North, West and East Yorkshire region, working with high street to international firms.
2. Recruiting Assistant to Partner level conveyancing lawyers, in addition to Paralegals for all legal disciplines across the North East region, working with high street to international firms.
3. Recruiting Assistant to Partner level conveyancing lawyers, in addition to Paralegals for all legal disciplines across the Midlands region, working with high street to international firms.
Each of these desks sit within a strong, well established division in our BCL Manchester head office.
WHAT TO DO NEXT - If your experience matches the stated criteria for this role, please apply now.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.