11th September 2023
Clinical Negligence Solicitor NQ-5 PQE - Bristol
A leading, international Firm is looking to recruit a qualified Solicitor to join their Clinical Risk team in Bristol. The successful candidate will join a market-leading defendant clinical negligence and medical malpractice team with an excellent track record in complex claims across all medical specialisms.
As a Top 25 UK Firm, they pride themselves on their supportive, approachable culture. People are trusted, appreciated as individuals and embraced as part of a team. Their vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for their insight and their outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work.
They are the market-leading firm, with the largest defendant clinical negligence and medical malpractice team in the UK. The team acts as panel solicitors for NHS Resolution, MDU and many private healthcare providers and their insurers as clients. They offer genuine end-to-end expertise, from incident management, insurance notifications, and TPA claims handling, through to the most complex litigation in this field, involving group and representative action. This includes some of the largest group actions involving the NHS today, taking a cutting-edged approach to managing the complexities of such litigation.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Handling a challenging but fulfilling caseload of defendant clinical negligence work acting for a variety of clients, which may include work for NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts, MDU, independent providers, and medical malpractice insurers.
* Drafting legal documents, conducting face to face negotiations and mediation of claims, preparing cases for and adhering to court deadlines.
* Engaging in direct client care, acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis, providing them with commercially focused legal advice, and adhering to their protocols and processes.
* Making an appropriate contribution to non-fee-earning activity. You will be encouraged to participate in knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications, and business development
* A Newly Qualified Solicitor - 5 years PQE
* Experience of clinical negligence (claimant or defendant) would be desirable but is not essential.
* Strong technical and organisational skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of clinical negligence claims simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
* A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
* Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.