- Job Search
- Insurance Coverage Solicitor
This London based insurance team works on a broad and varied range of insurance and reinsurance disputes involving resolution in the English Courts and in international arbitration proceedings.
This niche team has successfully represented insurers and reinsurers on arbitrations and related proceedings involving pharmaceuticals, pollution, product liability, professional indemnity, property & casualty, directors & officers, securities class actions and other large excess liability claims.
The team have extensive experience in running high value, document intensive, coverage disputes to hearing at arbitration.
The team also acts or assists in arbitration or court proceedings in other jurisdictions including, notably, the United States (New York), Europe (Switzerland, Italy and France) and South America (Colombia and Venezuela).
Some examples of recent matters the team has worked on are below. These include the broad-ranging coverage work the successful candidate could expect to work on alongside Senior Associates and Partners.
· Claims arising in relation to the US Opioids epidemic
· Claims arising in relation to climate change litigation
· Issues arising from #MeToo and sexual abuse claims
· Claims arising in relation to one of the largest muti-district litigations in US history
· Claims arising out of the Deepwater Horizon disaster
· Claims arising out of the manufacture and use of "Forever chemicals"
· Claims arising in relation to dam collapses, oil spills from pipelines and other similar catastrophes
· Claims arising from cancelled performances by some of the world's biggest acts
· Claims arising in relation to product liability claims relating to anti-psychotic medication, certain therapeutic treatments, herbicides and pesticides, and pollution arising from the use of Chemical additives used in fuel
· Claims arising under D&O policies in respect of securities and creditors' actions in the US
Essential Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England & Wales or another relevant jurisdiction, for example New York.
· Have a desire to pursue a specialism in insurance coverage
· At least two years' experience in coverage law.
· Experience of/a demonstrable interest in arbitration.
· Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
Placing People in Companies Like