CRIMINAL DEFENCE EXPERIENCED SOLICITOR
We are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join the UK's most prestigious firm of specialist driving offence solicitors.
This is a highly respected law firm specialising in motoring criminal defence law in the UK.
You will enjoy traditional business hours (no call outs at 3am), competitive salary, bonus and benefits and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who are at the top of their game in this niche area of law. The head office is based in Manchester and is state of the art with a great work environment and onsite gym. You can also enjoy hybrid working .
Hours: 35 hours per week/Monday to Friday 9am-5pm with a flexible 1-hour lunch break
Salary Negotiable (depending on experience).
Benefits You can enjoy a range of benefits including, free onsite parking, discretionary bonus scheme, Life Insurance benefit, Private Healthcare (tenure based), Pension, Health Cash Plan, Career Progression programme, Onsite gym, Flexible holiday options, Discount memberships, Savings club, Charitable support, Casual dress, Wellness programme, Training and development support, Loyalty incentives and free refreshments.
* Provide comprehensive legal advice to clients regarding their rights, potential defences, and the legal implications of their situation.
* Conduct thorough case analysis and investigation to build a robust defence.
* Represent clients in court proceedings, including bail hearings, pre-trial conferences, plea negotiations, trials, and sentencing hearings. As your role is office based you will not be required to attend any court hearings and will instruct outside counsel to attend court.
* Conduct legal research and analysis to stay up to date with relevant statutes, case laws, and precedents that may impact your clients' cases.
* Liaising with Barristers on cases and collaborate on legal strategy.
* Have a professional attitude, high integrity and ability to be empathetic, approachable and non-judgemental of our clients and the allegations they face often including drink driving and drug driving;
* Enthusiastic, resilient and have a can-do attitude and helpful to all team members;
Skills and competencies
* At least 1 year's experience in motoring law and defending motoring offences in a client facing role with experience of running your own caseload, both guilty and not guilty pleas.
* Confident communicator, both over the telephone and in writing (with excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail);
* Strong negotiation skills to represent clients effectively.
* At least 1 year's experience using Proclaim (or a similar case management system);
* Strong written and IT skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail with excellent standards of spelling and grammar.
* Excellent analytical skills to research, understand and disseminate information.
* Qualified Solicitor with at least 3 years' PQE
* Law Degree (2:2 or higher), CiLEX or equivalent