- Job Search
- Healthcare Solicitor
We have a great opportunity for a Healthcare Solicitor to join a vibrant specialist department. The team provide advice on all aspects of healthcare law, including clinical negligence, patient safety, consent to treatment, human rights, child law and mental health.
The healthcare sector is fast moving and the challenge of working for our clients provides very interesting work. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to develop their own and our teams' practices. We provide a supportive environment in which to work.
The team is looking for enthusiastic litigators to join their growing healthcare claims team in Leeds. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to develop their own and firm teams' practices within our supportive environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
Solicitor (or equivalent) to manage defendant clinical negligence claims.
* Advising NHS Resolution, their members, healthcare indemnifiers and their insureds
* Manage a case load of litigated and pre-litigated claims
* Conduct relevant investigations in order to repudiate and/or conclude the claim
* Liaise with various parties such as claimants and their solicitors, clients, counsel, experts etc.
* Achieve financial and chargeable targets
* Assist the Team Manager and other team members with their cases, client development, client training, networking and where required
* Confidently manage Case Manager diary, key dates and action lists
* Draft various documents to include SLA reports and pleadings
* Perform billing duties
* Satisfy standards of client care in accordance with client SLA and Team manager guidelines and directions
You will have previous relevant experience and a genuine and demonstrable interest in the above area of work. As the role is varied, we are looking for a flexible approach and that you can adapt to different tasks. We also require you to have/be:
* Qualified Solicitor NQ-6 years + PQE (or equivalent)
* Experience of clinical negligence/med mal claims
* Excellent technical ability and knowledge of CPR
* Strong and effective communication skills
* Disciplined time management and organisational skills
* Capacity to rigorously investigate and analyse evidence
* Ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines and targets
* Ability to adhere to client protocols
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible approach
* Experience of training, supervising and developing junior team members
If you meet our criteria and think this is a job where you could bring enthusiasm and commitment, then we look forward to receiving your application.
28 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
Healthcare cover/ Medicash
Life Insurance 4 x salary
Interest free travel loan scheme
Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
Discounted gym membership
Discounted dental scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Offers & discounts
Great reward and recognition scheme
Placing People in Companies Like