- Job Search
- Head of Legal
£80,000 - 120,000
10th February 2021
Head of Legal
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and forward thinking head of legal to lead a new law firm through a digital customer centric revolution.
The new law firm will place technology at the forefront of its RTA personal injury service offering and the right candidate will be a qualified solicitor with 5 years PQE who is experienced in managing a Personal Injury department and/or law firm.
Based in city centre Huddersfield, the role will suit an ambitious qualified solicitor who thrives on making things happen within a fast paced volume PI environment.
This is a unique opportunity to join this new firm as a Director at the start of their journey where the successful candidate will significantly contribute to business strategy, success and growth. Duties will include -
· Be the firm's COLP/COFA and Money Laundering officer.
· Work with the leadership team to develop the strategic planning and growth of the firm.
· Create a customer centric digitalised RTA claims handling function.
· Continuously monitor the law firm to ensure compliance of all regulatory and policy requirements.
· Continuously monitor the law firm for compliance of the SRA accounts rules.
· Conduct regular reviews of the law firms regulatory and compliance policies and procedures to gain assurance that all policies are being adhered to.
· Implement the risk and governance framework for the firm.
· Develop and maintain the firm's risk register.
· Review and update policies and procedures in line with any regulatory changes.
· Lead the business through periods of change.
· Provide leadership and guidance to the leadership team seeking out new business opportunities.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with the leadership team.
· Be an influential leader driving and motivating colleagues to deliver market leading levels of service.
· Prepare responses to regulatory enquiries.
· Manage the firm's budget and expenses accurately and in a timely manner.
· Report any compliance and regulatory breaches.
· Report any risk to the firm's professional negligence Insurers.
· Create a robust complaint handling process and handle escalated client complaints.
· Handle data and any data subject requests.
· Ensure all Client facing correspondence and documentation meets with all legal and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure plans and processes are developed and maintained to satisfy relevant regulatory requirements.
· Identify risks and risk controls.
· Law Degree or CILEX accredited
· Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
· Previous experience of being a COLP/COFA in a law firm is desirable.
· Strong background knowledge of SRA regulatory policies and procedures.
· Previous experience and knowledge of risk management.
· Previous experience and knowledge of strategic business planning.
· Excellent communication skills.
The role comes with a very competitive salary, pension, private health care and other benefits.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018