We have a new instruction with a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The firm are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of the Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
We are currently looking for a fee earner to join our OL/PL department. We would expect the successful candidates to be either 1 year plus PQE / Cilex / or alternatively qualified by experience. Tenacity, ability and enthusiasm are more important than qualification. The role will be to manage your own caseload of predominately pre and post issue fast track OL/PL cases.
For candidates we offer strong supervision channels, excellent training including away days, chance to join a highly ambitious and growing firm. We have high quality non-CMC work and a positive working environment.
* Proven billing track record of handling a litigated caseload.
* Genuine tenacity.
* A focus on advancing cases to and through litigation to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
* Ability to handle OL/PL fast track cases. Although predominately a non-portal caseload - the successful candidate must have experience of the portal.
* Knowledge of the civil procedure rules, precedent, trends in litigation, and an ability and willingness to utilise the same to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with litigated files from inception, through applications and challenges, to trial / disposal hearing.
* Knowledge of Proclaim case management system.
* Demonstrable willingness to take the more difficult course and to ignore the easy option, to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
* A basic salary up to £35k, with a very generous commission scheme, paid monthly in arrears.
* Excellent regular training including away days.
* Strong development opportunities and regular supervision.
* Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.
* 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
* 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
* Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
* Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
* Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
* Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
* Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
* Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.