- Job Search
- Fraud Solicitor
13th January 2022
A very exciting opportunity has arisen within a growing law firm based in Leeds for an experienced fraud solicitor to join their team.
The firm are looking for a legal expert specialising in Counter Fraud who will help build and lead a brand-new team to provide specialist legal services. This is a permanent, full time position based in Leeds with a mixture of home and office working allowing some flexibility in working hours.
This role has a hybrid working style where currently 2 days a week will be spent in the office and the rest at home.
What we're looking for:
We would love to hear from you if you are enthusiastic and like a good challenge! The successful candidate will be recognised in the legal industry by peers both Claimant and Defendant with the necessary skills and experience to create, build and develop a Counter Fraud Department within the firm. They will be able to build relationships with partners and act as a motivator to their team.
Other skills you need:
· Circa 8 years PQE or equivalent legal experience in motor industry fraud with an emphasis on fraud litigation and a clear focus on detection and prevention of fraud
· Excellent analytical skills to interpret information and identify issues together with the ability to disseminate and develop best practice
· Ability to deliver training both internally and to clients
· Ability to proactively run workloads in an efficient manner
· Ability to provide technical guidance and practical solutions to clients and teams
· Enthusiastic and passionate about getting the right outcome
What you'll be doing:
Whilst this is a department that would grow in size and scope over a planned timeframe, the department would begin with defending claims involving low velocity collisions. Eventually you will be responsible for a team of case handlers to proactively handle a range of fraud related cases to an effective and satisfactory conclusion within service levels and to a targeted outcome.
Some of other duties involve:
· Deliver clear, accurate and succinct advice within relevant timescales, managing a portfolio of litigated cases in addition to working with clients as a strategic partner in developing strategies to handle financial impact
· Identify and combat emerging trends and behaviour together with providing technical training
· To stay abreast of case law, research solutions to problems and propose change/outcomes on a practical and hands on basis
· Development of strategies against fraud, designing workflows and delivery of best practice
What we'll give you:
We have a strong focus on developing you and your skillset and work hard to give you the tools to do so. In addition to this we also offer a generous benefits package including family and work life balance focused options such as: fully paid maternity leave and parental leave, flexible working, insurance savings for you and your family as well as a range of other optional benefits
Hours: 35 hours (Monday - Friday).
Placing People in Companies Like