- Job Search
- Personal Injury Paralegal
PI Paralegal-Hybrid Working
A well-established national firm seeks an experienced PI Paralegal to join them in their personal injury team, based in Manchester.
* To manage a caseload of predominantly fast-track personal injury claims on behalf of injured cyclists;
* To obtain accurate information and instructions from clients, analyse the legal and practical aspects of their claims and obtain the necessary documents/evidence to provide advice on liability/quantum/costs & funding.
* To analyse and advise on strategy, tactics, and how best to achieve the most successful outcome for each client according to the particular circumstances of their case.
* To progress claims to settlement, conducting litigation through to trial or earlier settlement.
* To enable clients to make informed decisions based on advice on legal and other appropriate considerations e.g. costs, funding and risks of litigation.
* To monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed.
* To ensure court directions are complied with.
* To comply with the Civil Procedure Rules.
Necessary Experience and Qualities
- Genuine interest to work with a leading law firm and passionate about providing access to justice to all.
- Demonstrable strong experience in handling fast-track personal injury cases in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Experience of handling cases both in and out of the MOJ claims portals.
- Experience of handling litigated cases.
- Demonstrable legal experience in drafting, liaising with medical professionals, financial institutions and solicitors.
- Demonstrable ability in interviewing clients, taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult situations and conversations.
- Ability to deal sensitively with colleagues and management, clients and other parties.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be self-sufficient, secretarial support not provided.
- Works well under pressure and in an organised and methodical manner and has a positive attitude.
- Good team player, pro-active, reliable, friendly and energetic.
- 29 days holiday
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual social activities
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced personal injury paralegal to develop their career even further, with a national firm.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with me today!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like