- Job Search
- In House Counsel - NQ-4 PQE - National Retailer - West Midlands
Our client is a fast growing, well-established West Midlands retailer, currently embarking on a huge growth trajectory.
They are looking for a Legal Counsel to join its highly respected legal team, which has a fantastic track record of developing lawyers into very skilled generalist in-house lawyers.
With the backing of a global private equity firm, this is an extremely exciting time to be joining the business, which has acquired 5 new businesses in the last year and wider expansion planned in Europe over next 2-3 years.
You will be advising key stakeholders within the different business units on a wide variety of legal work, such as:
· negotiation of general business to business supplier and customer contracts, procurement and framework agreements.
· Assisting on strategic projects, e.g mergers and acquisitions and an upcoming roll out of a new digital platform for customers.
· Assisting with the delivery of legal operations to the business i.e. creating new precedents/templates and training the business.
· Assisting with Data Privacy, Litigation, Regulatory and Compliance, and Intellectual Property matters.
The role is suitable for someone who is eager and willing to learn in a very generalist in-house role, which will see you get fantastic exposure to the business. They are keen to hear from private practice lawyers looking for a move in-house, or alternatively in-house lawyers looking for a wider variety of work and more progession opportunities.
The business offers a genuine work life balance and the opportunity to work from home 2 days per week. The package includes the base salary, up to 15% bonus, pension, private medical, retailer discounts and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Placing People in Companies Like