- Job Search
- Data Privacy Lead Lawyer- fitness apparel giant, Gymshark
We are delighted to be working exclusively with fitness apparel giant, Gymshark - an iconic gym wear fashion brand dedicated to self-improvement, both physical and mental!
Formed out of the CEO's garage in Birmingham in 2012, Gymshark is now at US £600m in revenues, with circa 900 employees globally and it's first flagship store opened in Regent Street, London last year.
Reporting into the Group Legal Director, you will be responsible for:
· Leading on existing and future GDPR projects globally e.g. the marketing consent project;
· Planning and implementing the GDPR strategy going forward;
· Liaising with supervisory bodies i.e. the ICO and ensuring the business remains compliant with new legislation; and
· Assisting on general commercial matters, i.e. B2B / B2C commercial contracts, Intellectual Property, IT/Tech contracts, influencer agreements, plus other ad hoc legal queries.
What type of person the role suits
The business moves at a fast pace and you will need to be resilient and adaptable. The stakeholders will need your legal advice to be commercial, pragmatic and useable, so you will need to be able to balance legal risk with commercial reward.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an in-house lawyer who wants to supercharge their career with huge exposure and autonomy. Alternatively, if you are a private practice lawyer with strong data privacy experience, seeking your first move in-house, then this will provide you with phenomenal career development.
The package includes a competitive base salary, bonus, pension, private medical and access to the phenomenal on-site gym, plus other add ons.
The business operate a 2/3 days a week in the tremendous newly built campus in Solihull, Birmingham. The role is also open to those seeking to work 4 days per week.
Placing People in Companies Like