Commercial Solicitor - Leeds
Commercial Contracts, IT and data protection - national firm - Leeds - Solicitor 2-7PQE
International heavyweight seeks experienced commercial solicitor to further develop their outstanding commercial practice.
- Head of the commercial team is really well liked and champions the firm's commercial lawyers
- Be part of an international team with a great vision for the ongoing development of its business and its commercial lawyers
-The firm has a commercial team of over 40 lawyers across its offices in the North, with a London-based team to complement it, and they are now looking to hire a further able commercial solicitor to join the team in Leeds.
What's on offer?
- Cross-sector work providing a high degree of variety, covering the full spectrum of commercial agreements as well as IP and IT work, procurement, competition work and data protection.
- This role focuses on broad commercial work with IT (software licences, maintenance escrow, SaaS, hosting arrangements, reseller, open-source etc)
- They operate across a wide range of sectors including local government, telecomms, logistics, manufacturing, energy, retail, sport and media and the work is very high quality.
- Team also well known for providing a range of secondment opportunities so this is an ideal role to explore if you have your eye on in-house a bit further down the line, as it gives you the opportunity to 'try before you buy'.
- Team is led by an incredibly personable and supportive partner, dedicated to the progression and development of the individuals in his team
- Very competitive salaries with bonus structure (currently under upward review) - salaries are a shade under the top tiers but with significantly lower billable hours targets
- Agile working as standard
Who are they looking for?
- Applications welcomed from commercial solicitors with between 2 and 7 years' PQE in commercial law, gained with a City, national or strong regional firm, niche IP/IT firm or a well-regarded in-house legal team.
- IT experience also of particular interest
- You should have a strong academic record with at least a 2:1 and preferably a Commendation or higher.
- Solicitors looking for flexible hours very welcome to apply
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.