Regulatory Solicitor, Leeds (NQ-2)
Leading international firm, is seeking a regulatory solicitor to join its specialist Safety, Health and Environment team in Leeds, one of the largest national regulatory solicitor teams in the UK.
The work includes advising insurers, public sector and corporate clients in relation to investigations and prosecutions by a wide range of regulators including the Police, Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Environmental Health and Trading Standards. The team deals with all aspects of advice and defence including corporate manslaughter.
Regulatory Solicitor Role
* Working within the Leeds Regulatory team you will be predominantly assisting a senior fee earner, encompassing a range of regulatory issues with supervision and support from partners and associates
* You will have some experience/awareness of regulatory work - ideally, this will include advising on any of the following - health and safety incident investigations, interviews under caution, prosecutions, environmental breaches, breaches of trading standards, food law and/or fire safety. Candidates with experience of financial services regulation will also be considered.
* The work will include managing a range of contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues for a variety of clients.
* Employ a consistent approach to achieving individual targets of financial performance including realisation rates
* Maintain an understanding of other practice areas and an active internal network with other fee earners, associates and partners across the firm and ensure that own profile is maintained within the firm to facilitate cross-referral of work and support the firm's integrated services strategy
* Assist with business development activities with a view to establishing new revenue streams for the firm. Where appropriate assist in the preparation and delivery of pitches, presentations and training events, therefore confidence in public speaking and networking is preferred.
More about you:
- NQ - 2PQE Solicitor with some experience/awareness gained within a regulatory and commercially focused environment.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
- Willingness to travel at short notice in order to assist clients to manage situations on the ground as they happen
- Excellent salary and package
- Leading international firm
- Travel opportunities
- Quality work
- Investment in your training and development and an environment where your contribution will be recognised
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.